I'm sure you are saying to yourself "why would anyone WANT to use cloth diapers". I will give you the reasons we have discovered .
1. First and probably most important, the environmental impact. Just think, in just 4 months of cloth diapering, approx. 720 diapers have not made it to the landfill!
2. Cost savings. Obviously, there is a cost to begin cloth diapering. But the overall savings, over the 2-3 years of diapering one child is significant. My diapers are designed to be used from 13 lbs - 30 lbs. Cost savings is even more if used for more than one child.
3. These are not your mother's cloth diapers. No pins. No plastic pants. These cloth diapers are velcro closure with a waterproof outer layer, easy to use and pretty darn cute.
4. Washing is easy. Hot wash, cold rinse, 1/4 the amount of normal detergent and hot dryer. Detergent build-up makes your diapers not work well. The inner layer next to the skin is soft and resistant to stains. If stains do occur, laying out in the sun takes care of them.
5. No diaper rash. The inner layer is "wicking" which means it pulls the moisture away from the skin to the inner "soaker" layer. Not saying your child will not ever get diaper rash, but if diapers are changed regularly as should be, there is little or no diaper rash problems.